Sunday, October 03, 2010

Recipe: Nutella and Nut Rippled Ice Cream

The ice cream flavours I have swimming in my head, can't be matched by any ice cream chain. Yet its not very easy to churn out ice creams at home, without an ice cream maker (hint hint to the husband)

While its easy to churn out sundaes with store bought ice cream, why not take it to the next step? All you need is imagination and a large bowl.
I always have a brick of vanilla ice cream in the freezer and that's all you need. In Delhi, I prefer to use Mother Dairy's ice cream.

Kim's Tip: I transfer the brick out of its cardboard box into a freezable plastic box, so I can easily cut out a bit whenever I'm in the mood for ice cream without a mess. Also, inside the box, the ice cream doesn't absorb other smells from the freezer, so it lasts much longer.
 I absolutely love Nutella. For me, its truly happiness in a bottle. 1 tsp is a sure mood lifter for me. So I always have a bottle or 2 in my pantry.

This is so easy to assemble, you can either mix an individual bowl for yourself, or refreeze after mixing and serve your own signature ice cream at your next dinner or party.

The pictures are of a bowl I mixed for myself, so its not very "neat", but I thought it was a recipe worth sharing.

Take 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream in a bowl.
Using a pastry cutter or sharp spoon, roughly cut up the ice cream into uneven bits.
Drizzle 1 tsp of nutella over the ice cream.
Sprinkle 1 tsp of roasted cashewnuts.
Now mix thoroughly and reform into a ball or pack tight into a box (if serving later)
You can refreeze this mixture until ready to serve or dig in immediately.
I also like to sprinkle a crushed amaretto bisuit on top after reforming.


Other options:
You can mix finely chopped fruit (don't refreeze for too long if using fruit), nuts, baby marshmallows, m&m's, bits of chocolates, syrups. Your imagination is the only thing that can limit you, so unleash it and go crazy.
Remember, don't freeze fruit or ingredients that can turn soggy for too long.

Kim's Tip: To roast nuts, just warm a pan and rol the nuts around for awhile till they brown slightly.

Let me know what combinations you try and how it goes :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis