Friday, February 11, 2011

Book Review: Following Fish

Hey, with the situation in Egypt for the last 3 weeks, I have been remiss about updating my other blogs. But I'm back now :) and will be posting recipes in the next few days.

In the meanwhile, I  just reviewed a wonderful book called Following Fish: Travels around the Indian Coast on my Book Review Blog and I would like to direct my friends who follow this blog of mine towards the book.

While it is not a recipe book, it is a travelogue built around fish and the way it is cooked across India. It contains a wealth of useful information for the foodie traveller and a cook who is comfortable with grandma style recipes (a pinch of this, a dash of that etc) could glean a few recipes from here. Recipes come from kitchens as diverse as The Park in Kolkatta to that of a fisherman's daughter in law in Mangalore.

Its quite an in interesting, yet easy read and I feel comfortable recommending it to my foodie friends.

My detailed review can be read at http://whichbooknext.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Really interesting Kim, might have to have a nose around for it myself.

Kim said...

You will love it Michelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis